Understanding our approach
Ballinger & Co. promises professionalism, clarity and reassurance at every stage of the journey. We take the time to gather key insights on your company and its specific needs; work undertaken prior to first contact. This means we immediately understand your FX needs and are prepared for intelligent discussions about how we will add value to your business.
Our credit and risk committee meets daily, allowing our skilled specialists to move faster on your behalf, swiftly securing the facility you seek. New clients have access to our deep liquidity and unsecured credit lines from the outset.
A relationship with Ballinger & Co. will deliver smart, appropriate solutions paired with peace of mind, for the long-term.
We understand your time is valuable. Whether we were introduced by one of our partners in the global financial community, or you have been approached by one of our originators directly, we will offer you an unparalleled level of service and support throughout the on-boarding process.
- Properly researched study of your business, market and potential FX exposure prior to first contact.
- Initial discussion to identify how we can add value to your business through our trading services and credit facilities. You will likely meet a member of our leadership team during the initial relationship building process.
- A clear and complete brief on the information we require for on-boarding.
- A close working relationship that overcomes obstacles, particularly with complex structures, delivering a timely and appropriate solution, whatever the time pressures.
- Appropriate credit facilities and trading lines delivered quickly and efficiently.
- We employ the latest technology to streamline the on-boarding process, with electronic documentation, and electronic collection of publicly available data.
Trading with Ballinger & Co.
Once a client of Ballinger & Co., your file will be personally managed by one of our highly experienced FX specialists. They will identify, understand, and interpret your FX exposure to carefully construct a unique risk mitigation strategy, and oversee all transactions from execution to delivery. From the timing of execution to choosing trading mechanisms, right through to settlement of funds, Ballinger & Co. offers you a simple and tailored FX solution.
- Deep liquidity lines from multiple counterparties.
- Unsecured credit lines to support your hedging requirements.
- Flexible and window forward contracts allowing for adjustment of currency positions and early drawdown to meet the changing needs of your business.
- Repatriation of a wide range of exotic currencies.
- Highly competitive spot and forward pricing across a wide range of currency pairs.
- Efficient settlement though our network of Tier 1 banking partners.
- Rate alerts as currency markets move to the levels your business or transaction requires.
- Cost effective delivery of exotic currencies in hard-to-reach jurisdictions.
- 24-hour FX market access to enable you to exploit volatility in illiquid trading sessions.
- Deliverable forward contracts in traditionally non-deliverable forward (NDF) currencies.
Trade execution marks the beginning of your relationship with Ballinger & Co. We pride ourselves on the post-trade support offered to our clients. From the close relationship you will build with your FX specialist, to our highly experienced back-office settlements team, we have a host of ongoing resources at your disposal.
- Daily mark-to-market calculations.
- Roll and draw forward contracts at will to address changes in business circumstances, accommodating changes in delivery dates and partial settlement of trades.
- Efficient settlement via our network of Tier 1 banks.
- Secure and instant messaging with counterparties via Ballinger & Co.’s own SWIFT infrastructure.
- Secure Ballinger Portal to access account statements and provide settlement instructions.
- Telephone confirmation of all settlement instructions.