Security, Regulation and Compliance
Ballinger & Co. is committed to upholding the highest standards of regulatory compliance across every part of the business. We are a matched principal broker, entering the market only when our clients trade. We never trade speculatively or take proprietary risk. We employ the latest anti-money laundering and anti-fraud technology, and protect client funds with segregated and safeguarded accounts.
Clients can rely on the track record of our founders, team and financial backers, our technology partners, and our network of Tier 1 banks and counterparties. Our core values and principled approach to doing business are combined to provide clients with enduring peace of mind.
Ballinger & Co. is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Directive as an Authorised Payment Institution with registration number FRN 825771.
Security of Funds
Providing absolute security is fundamental to how Ballinger & Co. handles client funds. We use segregated accounts for processing all client money, and safeguarding accounts for ‘Relevant Funds’, meaning that these funds are always protected, as they are entirely separate from Ballinger & Co’s business accounts and assets.
- All client funds classed as “Relevant Funds” are held in designated safeguarded accounts at Barclays Bank PLC.*
- SSI accounts, Segregated accounts and Safeguarding accounts are always with Tier 1 financial institutions.
- Safeguarded funds are never co-mingled with firm funds.
- No third-party claims can be made of safeguarded funds.
- We are subject to ongoing Capital Adequacy requirements to ensure we maintain sufficient capital to operate.
* Barclays Bank PLC provides us with safeguarding account(s), but does not monitor the funds we place in the safeguarding account or how we operate these accounts. As an FCA Authorised Payment Institution it is our responsibility to segregate funds.
Compliance and Regulation
- Ballinger & Co. Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 11401151, registered address: 65 Curzon Street, Mayfair, London, W1J 8PE
- Ballinger & Co. Ltd is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority as an Authorised Payments Institution (Registration Number: 825771). It is also registered with FINTRAC in Canada (Registration number: M20579657)
- Ballinger & Co. Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, Data Protection Registration number ZA493826.
- Ballinger & Co. Ltd is registered with the London Stock Exchange for the purposes of European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR) reporting, LEI 2138006K7ABK4LRUP760.
- We always comply with the Payment Services Regulations 2017.
- We always uphold the FCA Principles of Business to the highest standards.
- We always comply with the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Regulations 2019.
- Supervised by the FCA for Anti-money laundering.
- We comply with the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Regulations 2019.
- We comply with the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
- We comply with the Terrorism Act 2000.
- We apply the guidance on the Joint Money Laundering Steering Group.